In this guide, we will be going over a new World of Tanks build for the Sword and Shield class. This build has been seen to have good damage output with a lot of versatility in how it can be played.
The new world sword and shield build pve is a new tank build that focuses on the use of swords and shields.
In any player-versus-environment massively multiplayer online RPG, a good party composition is required. You’ll need some damage dealers, a healer, and a tank as a general rule. Each class has a significant impact on the outcome of a dungeon run. The tank is probably the most essential member of the party, since they will control the pace of the dungeon run and keep threat on foes. This article will show you how to run the finest Construction of a tank in the New World to maximize your class’s potential.
New World is a one-of-a-kind MMORPG in that there are no pre-set classes to choose from when creating your character. Mastering several weapons and choosing various talents and abilities determines each “class.” We’ll be employing the Shield and Sword and Hatchet weapons, and concentrating on having a big pool of health and strong defense for the finest New World tank build.
The Sword and Shield is the only weapon in the game that uses the shield. By include a shield in their loadout, other classes will just be adding unneeded weight to their characters. Shields, on the other hand, provide a lot of additional defenses and stats to a tank construct.
New World tank build
For your New World tank setup, these are the finest weapons, abilities, and characteristics to use:
- Sword and Shield: Reverse Stab, Defiant Stance
- Hatchet: Defy Death, Berserk
- Characteristics: Constitution
Sword and Shield
With Sword and Shield, you may choose a few different paths. Picking up Defiant Stance and Reverse Stab is a popular option in the current meta. Defiant Stance is an absolute must-have for any tank build, since it lowers incoming damage and is the greatest taunt in the game.
Reverse Stab, on the other hand, may not seem to be impressive at first sight, but when combined with the Tactician talent farther down the skill tree, it becomes incredible. Your Defiant Stance cooldown is reduced by 25% for each successful Reverse Stab hit.
That implies you may utilize your Defiant Stance cooldown again if you Reverse Stab 4 opponents. This is especially helpful since Defiant Stance usually has a 45-second cooldown. Overall, it enables you to successfully spam Defiant Stance anytime you want while maintaining aggro on all enemies.
- Reduce incoming base damage from attackers by 30% for 8 seconds with Defiant Stance. Taunt Gem Compatible: If you have a Carnelian gem in your sword, this ability will taunt all foes within 8 meters for 6 seconds.
- A Stab that delivers 175 percent weapon damage is known as a Reverse Stab.
- Tactician – All Sword cooldowns are lowered by 25% after a successful Reverse Stab hit.
In the Sword and Shield tree, you should take up the following passives:
- Defensive Training – Gain 10% Fortify for 5s when you block an attack.
- When using a shield to stop a melee attack, Sturdy Grip reduces stamina damage by 15%.
- Sturdy Shield – Adds 15% more physical armor to your character.
- Healing and regeneration – All incoming healing and regeneration boosted by 10%.
For the remaining points, you may choose from a variety of active abilities like as Shield Bash, Shield Rush, or even Whirling Blade for more damage-focused tanking. I like to be defense-oriented and pick up shield bash, but it’s all up to you.
We’ll use the Hatcher as a secondary weapon in addition to the Sword and Shield. Hatchet is a strong tank since his Berserk ability has an eight-meter range and has the longest duration taunt in the game. Not to mention the Defy Death passive, which grants you three seconds of immortality and enables you to escape death in any potentially deadly strike. Because the objective of a tank is to avoid dying, this is clearly the greatest ability in the game.
- Berserk – While active, a Berserk Mode is triggered, which boosts all attack damage by 20%. For 12 seconds, Berserk Mode will be activated. Once Berserk has ended, the cooldown will begin (Taunt Gem Compatible).
- Defy Death – Avoid death, decrease to 50 HP, and acquire immortality for 3 seconds when you take fatal damage (75s cooldown).
In the Hatchet tree, you may learn techniques like Rending Throw to decrease an enemy’s damage absorption. In some situations, I prefer to use Social Distancing to either draw monsters into a fight or create some space between foes to slow them down. You may also take up Raging Torrent to do some additional damage, depending on your playstyle.
Since a tank in New World, it’s critical to invest the majority of your attribute points in Constitution, as this boosts your total health pool. A passive benefit is granted for every 50 points in any given characteristic, and most players will strive for the 250 Constitution point bonus. The Constitutional bonuses are as follows:
- 50 points – All health consumables are 20% more powerful, and logging speed is 10% faster.
- 100 points – Increase your maximum health by 10% of your physical armor, and reduce tool durability loss by 10%.
- 150 points – a -10% reduction in crit damage received and a -10% reduction in the weight of logged goods.
- 200 points equals a 20% boost in armor and a 10% improvement in logging speed.
- 250 points — -80% damage reduction when at full health (60s cooldown) and a 10% boost in yield while recording.
- 300 points – 20% longer duration of stun, slow, and root spells, as well as a 25% chance to cut down a tree in one stroke.
Since you can see, the 250 Constitution boost is very useful, as it provides a -80% damage reduction at full health. Aside from that, unless you want to be the greatest lumberjack in Aeternum, there’s no real need to earn the 300 point boost. For the 20% armor boost, you need acquire 200 points in Constitution at the very least.
If you wish to increase your damage a little, put approximately one-fifth of your points into Strength. At the very least, you should strive for a Constitution of 250 and a Strength of 70 to 100. You’ll get a lot of extra stats from your gear, so keep that in mind while you’re equipping up your tank.
Gems and Equipment
In terms of gear, you’ll want to put on Heavy Armor for the added block stability and damage mitigation.
Heavy Armor – Your dodge is a sluggish sidestep while wearing heavy armor. Your block’s solidity improves by 15%, and the crowd control debuffs you use last 20% longer.
When it comes to stones, Onyx or Opal are good choices since they provide damage absorption in the form of physical or magical damage. Keep in mind the kind of creatures you’ll be facing and make your choices accordingly.
To trigger the taunt abilities, you’ll also need your Cut Carnelian Gems in your weapons. These are made by merging a Carnelian Gem and some type of Fire Elemental Essence at the Stonecutting Table in any town, depending on the quality desired.
Threatening and taunting in the New World
Tanking requires the ability to taunt targets and create some danger, ensuring that the opponents’ attention is drawn to you rather than your teammates. A tank’s job is to ensure that all opponents are focused on them since they have the strong armor and health to withstand the damage. Your ability to limit healing to a minimal and guarantee a smooth dungeon run will be appreciated by the healer.
There are seven taunt abilities spread over seven distinct weapons in New World:
- Reap the Benefits of the Great Axe (four-second taunt)
- Berserk – Hatchet (eight-second taunt)
- Riposte – Rapier (four-second taunt)
- Vault Kick – Spear (two-second taunt)
- Shield Bash (six-second taunt) and Defiant Stance – Sword and Shield (six-second taunt)
- Shockwave – War Hammer (six-second taunt)
The Weapon Mastery tab in your character information page displays taunt abilities. On the bottom of each talent, look for the wording that reads Taunt Gem Compatible. To gain the benefits from any taunt or threat-oriented ability, a Carnelian Gem must be worn within the appropriate weapon.
One last item to consider is your stamina bar. It’s crucial to keep an eye on the yellow bar because if it runs out, you won’t be able to block. To make the most of your stamina, put down your shield till the opponent strikes.
That brings us to the end of our greatest New World tank construction! Keep in mind that this is only one of several possible tank setups. As the meta changes and new viable tank-oriented builds become available, we’ll update this area. Meanwhile, under our Fresh World area, you may find some new relevant material.
The new world best builds reddit is a subreddit that contains many different build ideas for all types of games. One of the top posts on this subreddit is the New World Tank Build – Sword and Shield & Hatchet.
- new world tank build reddit
- new world sword and shield build reddit
- new world builds
- new world shield on back
- new world paladin build